As Wiki Likes to say:
Boredom is an emotional state experienced when an individual is left without anything in particular to do, and is not interested in their surroundings. The first recorded use of the word boredom is in the novel Bleak House by Charles Dickens, written in 1852, in which it appears six times, although the expression “to be a bore” had been used in the sense of “to be tiresome or dull” since 1768.
I say that’s enough of a history lesson for the day.
I ask for all who read this post for some help. Scavenge through the internet for some way to annihilate boredom from our good people. I only know of a few and need a more compiled list of activities because after what I thought would solve this problem becomes boring itself.
- The “Name Game”: banana fana fo fana (if only someone explained its dynamics to me)
- Stand on a street curb, close your eyes, imagine you are up on a high cliff and jump or step off.
- Attempt to communicate with people as if you were a mummy.
- Lay down on your back still and see how good of a corpse you are.
- Stand out in front of a street and wave at the cars that go by.
- On those special occasions, try to get as close as possible to the end of a rainbow.