As Wiki Likes to say:
Boredom is an emotional state experienced when an individual is left without anything in particular to do, and is not interested in their surroundings. The first recorded use of the word boredom is in the novel Bleak House by Charles Dickens, written in 1852, in which it appears six times, although the expression “to be a bore” had been used in the sense of “to be tiresome or dull” since 1768.
I say that’s enough of a history lesson for the day.
I ask for all who read this post for some help. Scavenge through the internet for some way to annihilate boredom from our good people. I only know of a few and need a more compiled list of activities because after what I thought would solve this problem becomes boring itself.
- The “Name Game”: banana fana fo fana (if only someone explained its dynamics to me)
- Stand on a street curb, close your eyes, imagine you are up on a high cliff and jump or step off.
- Attempt to communicate with people as if you were a mummy.
- Lay down on your back still and see how good of a corpse you are.
- Stand out in front of a street and wave at the cars that go by.
- On those special occasions, try to get as close as possible to the end of a rainbow.
Just like Homer, the human race goes "D'OH!" after one too many plates of food.
Buffets consist of three main types of foods:
- Eating food
- Wasting food
- Sneak in your mom’s purse food
The point at which you know its best to wire your mouth shut so to halt your hands from stuffing the mountains of food that it has gathered on your plate into it is when you realize it is the necessary method to keep all the food from coming back up “the road”, as it seems they changed their mind after seeing all the “traffic”.
Side effects of buffets are the following:
- The inability to get out of chair and walk to your car (Though, a walk to the source of food is still miraculously possible)
- Extreme sleepiness
- In about two hours, hunger
- The need to stand in line and wait for the green-light to enter of the very exclusive “Le Lavatory”
- The ability to pass as a pregnant women or man (Ugh, those embarrassing stretch mark…commercials)
- Traumatic flashbacks such as when searching for the food you were wanting a refill in was out and being forced to wait 15 minutes
- Terrifying nightmares on being discovered that you lied about your age so you didn’t have to pay the adults fee or being discovered taking food home.
- Mother’s purse smells like ribs and cheese cake, Yum!
- The need to change clothes because you have reached and exceeded the number of maximum stains that are permissible as still clean to one’s personal standards
- Petting one’s stomach to calm it down like it were a murderer with as thirst for blood and you, the hero, attempting to save numerous lives by soothing the murderers savage soul
- Feeling like your about to explode and become a firework made from your organ system
Looking past these bullet points that can be viewed as both negative and positive, lets be grateful that we have the ability to surpass full on our stomach’s gauge. Lets be appreciative for the ability to use figurative language to connect our side-effects of over-consumption to things we have no actual experience to say it is true and, in fact, it feels like said comparison. We can walk across rows and piles of food that all want to be picked and introduced to your lovely stomach acids. Are we guilty on the charges of committing foodicide? No, this practice is eternal bliss to the taste-buds.
I miss those days when I pretended to fall asleep on the drive back home so by the time we arrived home my parents would be forced to carry me like a spoiled princes inside.
Or face the wrath of a grumpy brat. I would be placed on my bed and covered with my blanket quietly, as if a ritual were about to be performed on me. When they were about done, I’d pretend to be slightly startled and ask if it was tomorrow. Once gone , I’d grab the remote and watch some hours of well earned television.
Nowadays, I get yelled ta for being a snail coming out the car, getting interrupted in the middle of my false slumber. All because I need to help with the grocery bags..or whatever…